About the adoption process (PLEASE READ)…
- Minimum age to adopt is 21.
- Local adoptions only. Maximum distance is 2 hours from Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- We DO check vet references if there are other dogs in the home. Please do not apply if your dog is not up to date on vaccines or on heartworm prevention.
- Physical fences are preferred and mostly required. This is for the safety of the dogs. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Please fill out the application entirely. You should get a confirmation email that it was submitted upon completion. PLEASE NOTE if it is not filled out in its entirety, it will just sit idle so you would need to check that all fields are completed.
- Everyone in the home must meet the dog if a meet and greet is scheduled, including all pets.
- Home visits are required. By signing the application, you are agreeing to a meet and greet and do not hold Wags & Wiggles responsible for any incidents during such.
Please note we receive many applications and have one person processing them all who is a volunteer. We try to get back to everyone but sometimes it isn’t possible. It takes us about 3-4 days to process applications so if you do not hear from us by then, the dog is most likely pending or adopted. Thank you for your patience and understanding.